Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Be thou my vision...

I have a good friend staying with me at the moment (well, 3, but am talking about one in particular right now:)), who, last time she was here, made us all sing a song to each other- Brother let me be your servant. Even now, when we sing it, it brings her to mind for several of us, and her challenge to each of us to live out the song in our daily lives. It brings tears to our eyes, and challenges us again to live in a way that serves and loves God and others in all we do. So she is back now, and we sang the song yesterday, but it brings me to my other all time favorite song... Be thou my vision....

I love this song, that it is a reminder to continue to keep Jesus at the centre, of our lives, of everything we see and do. I have been reminded recently that God speaks to me too, as well as people around me, and I need to continue to walk in God's ways, to stay in his word, and seek after him in all things... so that's my challenge to myself at the moment, so keep seeking after God, that he is the one I see all things through...and how cool is the combination of this song and the song, 'Brother let me be your servant'..!!

Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee, Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle-shield, sword for my fight,
Be Thou my dignity, Thou my delight.
Thou my soul's shelter, Thou my high tower.
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise,
Thou mine inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of heaven, my victory won,
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heav'ns Son!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my vision, O ruler of all

No comments: