Saturday, December 01, 2007

Manna...

It's funny when God gives us 'food' that we are meant to share... it's for someone specific, or a group of people, or a general 'morsel' that we can share around, because it has spoken to us and blessed us recently..

I have had the situation recently when it seemed that I was given something to pass on. I wanted to pass it on right away, but for whatever reason, I didn't seem to have the right moment or chance, then it was just such a cool thing, I wanted to write it down, make sure I had it right, do it justice.. you name it.

Anyway, a moment came up a couple of days later when I was able to pass it on, and I tried hard to capture all the aspects of what I had, but I know I still missed bits. I don't know what it meant to the person, and it really isn't any of my business in a way, but I hope I got it right for her sake. I guess though, I don't know what was happening with her and looking back would have tried harder to pass it on earlier and not worries about the rest.

It brought to mind the story of the Manna in the desert(Exodus 16). The Israelites were given enough for each day, not extra days worth(because it would go off quickly!), their daily bread. It brought to mind that the Bible is our daily bread, that what God shares with us, and speaks to each of us is to be taken in daily, read and lived out. Some of it is for just us, and others is a feast to be shared around. I am not sure if that explains the gist of it, but I realized that I don't want to hold onto something that isn't meant for me, and have this Good Food spoiled by holding onto it for too long.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post Miwa!