Monday, December 24, 2007

Going uphill

Last week, I strongly encouraged a friend to complete a job well, well, as well as they could under the circumstances, and though I know it was a tricky one, they did brilliantly.

Now faced with pretty much the same job, I am completely daunted. Faced with other people's opinions and values, attitudes, and they think is ok to talk about, I am just not sure. I am trying so hard to do things in the right order, to make sure everything is ticked off and accounted for, but I can't account for other people and what they are going to do and think. It frustrates me that we are so prone to judge others and situations and act accordingly, often without taking the time to properly understand the person or situation, which makes me even more protective of what I say and who I say it to, and I get to the point where I don't know if I am being discreet, or straight out lying for the sake of doing things the right way.

I knew it would be a challenge, but right now, I feel like I am at the bottom of Mount Everest about to climb, and I don't even have a support team, or equipment here yet!

No comments: