Thursday, December 20, 2007

Farewells

Today has been a day of farewells, talking about farewells, preparing for farewells, and well, the good, bad and the ugly of farewells!

I do need to say first of all, that in this particular context, there is no particular situation of today that I am particularly highlighting! They just all seemed to converge!

One phrase came to mind though in a meeting today… that well known saying, "If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were." -- Kahlil Gibran. I was struck by that again today, in the context of letting go, and being let go. The picture that came to mind is of us needing to be open handed in all we receive, not just of things, but of people who are part of our lives, at work, and as friends. God gives, and God takes away, yet our heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be your name.

In all of it though, I was so encouraged by Isaiah 55 tonight, especially verse 12, and hope it is that way for the people I was talking to today.

You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.