Tuesday, January 08, 2008

F.I.N.E.

One of my favorite conversations in a movie, well, one that keeps coming back to me, is one in "The Italian Job" Where two of the characters talk about being fine, and feeling fine. However.... in this case, being fine stood for Freaked out, Insecure, Neurotic, and Emotional! It has always stuck, as it's a word we use to describe ourselves so often, yet, often we use it as an all covering fix-it for every situation. It might easily be true, but there are times when it is easier to stick to it, rather than admit the truth, or you just can't share how you are doing.

I was stuck by how prevalent it was again today, as I saw it talked about in a TV show I was watching tonight, and was reminded of another movie where two of the main characters were talking about how, not only were they fine, but they were absolutely fine.

So, in a day where I had an awesome time, I was also pulled in a nice big range of extremely different directions emotionally, I guess it's easier to choose "fine". I still wonder what God would have us do, and who he would have us be in that situation, but guess in the end, I will just have to get on and do the best I can and see how it all pans out.

No comments: