Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Faithfulness

A bunch of us sang this song last night to see in the new year. While it’s an old, old song, it has words with such amazing truths in them, and what a wonderful way to see in the new year. As I came into 2007, there seemed to be so many new things about to happen, exciting new jobs and new directions, loads of wonderful possibilities! As the year unfolded though, it became clear, that while I thought I knew where God was taking me, he was actually taking me to a very different place!

Coming into this year, I am much more aware of my need, to pray, to keep praying, I don’t think I have ever prayed so much in all my life as I have in the last few months! To keep waiting for God, rather than jumping the gun and reaching my own conclusions, of submitting to him, and trusting that he knows best and stepping out in his footsteps, not mine, no matter where they lead.

I am so grateful for God’s faithfulness, in my life, and in the testimony of the lives of others. He doesn’t leave us or forsake us, he loves us amazingly, and takes us onward. I was also reminded of James 1again and the amazing reminders that God doesn’t change, and all the amazing reminders and challenges it gives each of us. There is much in there to think over, but last night, coming into the new year, it really blessed me!

So, blessings on each of you as you come into 2008. Wherever you are at, may you go deeper and stronger into all that God has for each of you in the coming year, knowing that our God is faithful!


Great Is Thy Faithfulness

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Refrain

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Refrain

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

No comments: