Tuesday, January 08, 2008

My Blueberry Nights

I went to see the movie, My Blueberry Nights, this afternoon with some friends, and am so glad I did! It has had alot of press here, as the writer, producer and director is a guy from Hong Kong, however it is filmed, starting in New York, and working it's way across to the west coast of the USA.

It is about Elizabeth's journey across the USA, and across a spectrum of relationships, or meetings with people along the way, and how their meetings impact each other, and causes change in each person. Throughout it all, she sends postcards to someone who she met just as she starts this journey, and in a sense, blogs it all and shares her discoveries of people, and of herself with that person. It reminded me a little of why I blog, and while I share, to get my thoughts out there, there are moments, when I know I do write with people in mind, or am thinking of a situation, or something like that, that I want to share.

It reminded me too, of some other random, random movies that I love, that do take a close up look at relationships, and how different people's interactions can cause different effects and change in each person. We are a fascinating bunch!

One comment that Elizabeth spoke of was that as she met different people, it was like looking into fragments of a mirror, and getting to know herself better through the interaction, however short or long it is. A beautiful picture! I need to see this one again:)

No comments: