Friday, January 11, 2008

Noise and voices...

Tonight a guy from India called. He is the brother of someone who I met last year, and he has decided that he loves me, and I should go and live in India. He has been calling for some time now, to the point where he has offered to pay for me to go to India for a holiday! And he doesn't know me, so has nothing to base his opinion on!

It reminded me of all the voices we all have in our lives, of the noise that surrounds us in our busy lives, and how vital it is to steal away into the quietness to listen to the still small voice that matters the most.

After the phone call, I realize that when he had called, I had been alone, but really enjoying that time of quiet, rest and peace of listening to the still small voice I know and love so well, and of just how God wants to have us in that place of choosing to be in His presence, of wanting to listen to and obey him alone. And there are times when he goes to a lot of trouble to bring us into a place where he has the attention of both our ears, and our hearts! I was reminded of 1 Kings 19, and the trouble God went to, so that Elijah would listen to him, and him alone. Once again, what an amazing God we have!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.