Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A little tiny bit discouraged...:(

Life seems to be one long excuse to account for other people's behaviour at the moment. I am currently looking for a job, and trying to catch up with people, while trying to maintain friendships with people in other parts of the world. At the moment though, it seems like I am making one excuse for people after another as to why it all seems to go in one direction, why I am trying to go out of my way... yet not getting any responses.

I can understand that in terms of looking for work, that's just the way it is, yet, in friendships... what should be expected? When is it reasonable to expect friends to reply to emails, texts, letters, questions? When is it reasonable to expect friends to initiate conversations, and communications, to want to see me too?

It seems that my life is based solely on how other people operate, on their method of communication, timing, that they don't need to apolagise, yet I seem to so often find myself in a situation where it seems that's it's expected that I am in the wrong, and therefore need to say sorry.

I feel bad now, because I am starting to get busy again, I am about to start college, and really do need a job NOW and while there is no deadline for me leaving now... it would be nice if I could still catch up with people now that I am in the country.

All I am saying? I miss my friends, both the ones in this country and others. I want to see them and hang out, but at the other time, and I know there are many valid reasons why this can't happen for some, at this particular moment... it would be nice if they wanted to see me too...!

No comments: