Monday, October 13, 2008

Heaven

It suddenly occured to me today... that I can't wait to go to Heaven!



Some of that might have something to do with the fact that my general 'in transit-ness' is more accentuated by the fact that I am moving again today, finally! I am so looking forward to this new chapter, of settledness, of being in a home of my own, having a home church, a home group (made initial enquiries yesterday, yay!). College is, of course, sorted, so all that's left is a job, that slots in perfectly with the rest of life in general:).



I was thinking about Heaven today though, and wondering again, how my life would look if I really lived in the light of its fullness, of going there myself, and knowing others who may, or may not be going. Where does my courage, confidence, and sense of belonging fit into the big picture?



As always, Jesus is pretty straightforward, saying, in John 14: 1-3



1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.

2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have

told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go

and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with

me that you also may be where I am.


An awesome statement, room enough for all, and a wonderful place to look forward to!:)

No comments: