Thursday, October 23, 2008

Perspectives

Last weekend I was talking to someone, and it really struck me! They were sharing about how they had Chronic fatigue for several years, and how they had tried to fight it in many ways. The turning point for him though, was when he finally stopped, and asked himself, ‘is this as good as it is going to get, and if so, how can I live, as I am, to the fullest?” And surprisingly, or not surprisingly, once he started living from where he was at, he started to get better!

I can’t imagine having it for 5+ years in various degrees, but it was amazing to talk to him. The thing I took away from it all though, was the turnaround in his perspective. I often slowly take myself down a path that ends up seeing things in a way that I really shouldn’t and get caught out, but the awareness and insight when you see things from another person’s perspective, or God's perspective, is amazing!

1 comment:

pip said...

What a great quote! Love it! Thanks for the inspiration.