Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A new look

I love the place where this pic is taken, the view, outlook, I am even ok that not all my memories of that place are good- in fact, there's one that really should never have happened, so it's a redeemed place, a place where I can go and get good God perspective, pictures and a new vision for what's going on.

I love standing on high places where the wind is blowing wildly, love that you can't help but feel something. In a world where we are so often protected, protective, polite (not that it's necessarily bad), but at a safe distance, it can be rare that we can be truly honest, safe, vulnerable, and able to stay truly connected with others in ways that wants the best for all involved, in a way that is honour giving and received. I love the feel of the wind blowing wildly- like surround sound, but fuller, because it's God who stirs up the wind in that way. I feel alive, real, connected.

And on this visit got thinking about the departure from that place. There were 3 different options- jump- nope, not really ideal, turn around and walk away, or fly. How awesome would that be, to rise on the wings of a bird and take off... Actually, psalm 139 comes to mind...

7Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.

And there we go, Emmanuel, God with us:)

Going away tomorrow, well today, and I am looking forward to time with God and friends, a new vision for 2013 and all God has placed in my hands, and 'on my watch'. It's not been easy to get here, and things I tried so hard to avoid happened anyway, so trusting it all, all back to God, because He knows, knew, is knowing now:) bring on fresh visions, and His courage and strength in it all to go the full distance:)


No comments: