Sunday, December 16, 2012

Think, speak, do.

Confucious has  a saying that I was kinda thinking of recently. His goes: I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand...

 Have been thinking of a variation of that which goes along the lines of thinking, speaking out, doing.... I've noticed recently the power of speaking out something, whether in passing, or intentionally, and the knock on effect of that. For one instance, I've realised I have been making comments... and then realising that if it was time to do something about them, so got on and done it (ahh, I should make a list!:)). They could easily be ignored, or left alone, but having dealt with them, I have felt so much better for it, and grateful for the indirect challenge and sudden responsibility to not let things go.

And for another, it has been a challenge/blessing when others have seen things happening, or different, and been gently feeding into what God is doing and keeping the challenge and the words that have been spoken out, alive and gently burning.

Isn't it funny how easy it is to stay in our own comfort zone where it's known, easy and friendly, rather than to step out into something where we don't know how it will turn out or what might happen. But, chances are we're going to be pleasently surprised!!:)

No comments: