Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Missing the boat...

There are times when I wonder if I have missed the boat, so to speak on some things in life.

I often stand back from situations because there are so many people involved already and I don't need to be there, or the event happens to fall into place, or people are so keen to answer a question, or have/be/do the answer, that it's not necessary for me to get involved.

I wonder sometimes what might have been, if I had made more of an effort to get involved, or would it indeed be the negative thing I think it might have been. Sometimes I wonder if I am just lazy and use it as an excuse to stay out of the way. A bit chicken or egg syndrome, I guess..

What is the stance on meek vs assertive, especially in friendships here? There are some people, I realize that I have stood back from, because so many people are already friends, or want to be friends, or there isn't an opportunity, or I am just plain shy in some situations..! So while I wouldn't trade any of my friends, there are some people I wonder about, and how much richer life might have been if indeed I had made the effort to be better friends with them too...

So there we go, some most random wonderings from me:)

No comments: