Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Random gems

I have 'discovered' Max Lucado with a vengeance recently and have just finished his first ever book, 'On the anvil', a selection of short chapters on life, compiled from columns he wrote when he was working for a church way back when he first started out in ministry.

***
On the question of "God, don't you care?", he writes, With all the patience that only one who cares can have, he answered the question. He hushed the storm so the shivering disciples wouldn't miss response. Jesus answered once and for all the aching dilemma of man, Where is God when I hurt?
Listening and healing. That's where he is. He cares.
***
I love it! Listening and healing, what a challenge for me, us to live up to....!

Soon after reading that, I was reading something by Amy Charmichael, which also turned out to be on healing....
***
The last thing the Lord Jesus did before His hands were bound was to heal.
have you ever asked yourself, If I knew this was the last thing I should do, what would I do?
Our Lord Jesus spent much time in healing sick people, and in the natural course of events it happened that the last thing He did with His kind words was to heal a bad cut. (I wonder how they could have the heart to bind His hands after that.) In this, as in everything, He left us an example that we should follow in His steps. Do the think that this next minute, this next hour, brings you- faithfully and lovingly and patiently; and the the last thing you do, before the power to do is taken from you (if that should be), will be only the continuation of all that went before.

****

I really appreciate that constant reminder that in all things we are called to wholeness, completion, building up each and encouraging one another, because, in doing so, we all benefit as a result, joy is brought, wholeness and trust is nurtured, only good comes of it:) awesome:)

No comments: