Thursday, March 08, 2007

Kids

We have lots of kids in our little community, which is an absolute joy! I am often asked why I am not their teacher, and I always come back to the reason why I didn't complete my teaching degree, why I worked in a school, but not as a teacher, why I love Sunday school, after school care, vacation care, bible study with them, hanging out with them- young and old.

As with most people I come across, I much prefer to support them, rather than be the main 'point person' in whatever, I just prefer walking aslongside people as they do whatever they need to do! I don't explain it very well, I know! Anyway, that's what most of my jobs have ended up being- the latest being, supporting people as they come to work here.

Anyway, back to the kids! We are doing plays for Easter, where a group of people perform a different aspect of the Easter story. A few adults, the kids and I are looking after the Trial scene where Jesus comes before Pilot and found guilty. Tis a challenging one, but will be great to see it from the perspective of each person involved.

2 comments:

pip said...

Sounds great! Please post about how the Easter event goes.

Miwa in HK said...

Will do:) thanks for your comments:) always a joy! xo