Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Blessed

There are days, and conversations when I realise how amazingly blessed I am, we are, in so many different, and creative ways. The last couple of days at work have been busy, full of people, challenges, needs, possibilities and I am so glad I get to work with them, and support them in all they are doing.

I was at a dinner last night, which was fine, but the conversations with Christians, with more than I have (materially), and probably smarter and higher paying jobs- whatever- but so missing out.... my breathe was taken away for a minute by the comment about 'illegal refugees', and 'positive' stories about the suburb I work in, and I was so sad that there were such limits on a person's understanding. And through through circumstances not my own, I am able to see the people who I work with for who they are. They are amazing, hope filled people who just want a chance to make a better life for their family, and children. And for some, they are happy with what's placed in their hands at the beginning, and that's a huge thing for them, while others want to challenge the boundaries and see how far they can go. They are pretty awesome people.

No comments: