Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

Today it's thanksgiving- in certain parts of the world. I love this day, and all the God-values it holds, but also the food and many of the traditions that the American thanksgiving gets to celebrate, not that I have ever celebrated it in America... but the bits that non-Americans, and Americans away from home have celebrated have always been fun!!

This week has been slightly off kilter. Things have been normal, but not quite. work has been normal, but not...home, myself and attitudes... all slightly changed. I guess that's the thing with this kind of clean out- living in the new, and not falling back. Live with  the expectation of who God is and all He has done. As I had got ready for this clean up, I had made a list of things I was hoping to sort out. It wasn't exhaustive by any means, and and while it covered things I was hoping to sort out, I was looking forward to seeing what God did in it all, and that was really awesome to see. He went deeper and broader in ways I couldn't imagine or fathom.

So, this week, giving thanks for what is, was, will be in future and appreciating more and more the 'here and now' with God.

No comments: