Saturday, November 10, 2012

Waiting patiently

There are things I can wait patiently for, and things I can't. If there's a way I can do something myself, so I don't have to wait, it's likely I will find a way....

And then there's times when I have to force myself to stop.
And be still.
And wait.

Often I will find a way to jump in, and often it's too early, and I will well, sabotage whatever God has in store- or so it seems, and then there's times when I have forced myself not to do anything, and that can be the hardest thing in the world, especially when I just want to know what's going on...

As I was thinking about it today, it reminded me of why we fast sometimes, and the heart process we go through in giving up something, or even taking up something. We choose to turn in a direction contrary to the way we would naturally go, and it's uncomfortable, and awkward, and just feels too hard often, but it's amazing how God works in those times, or adjusts my mindset.

I have a few things I would really like to pick up, and put down this week, and look forward to the challenge of going completely against what I think I can do, and who I think I am...

No comments: