Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Gifts given



One of my favorite blogs that I have been reading for quite a while now is One Thousand Gifts, written by Ann Voskamp. Among many other things, she counts gifts of grace through her day, life, and blog. The above image is by her.

This morning I was listening to a talk about worship, and realised that it's the second talk I have heard this week that spoke of King David in 2 Samuel 6 saying that he would gladly be this undignified in worshipping God.

It's got me thinking about what I think I can't handle, and what it would look like for me to look that undignified, of solely and completely unaware of myself, my place in worship of God.

Lots of questions have come out of it, and I guess it's time to start writing them down too, but not here. But for now, it's confronting to think about how I evade so many things, and for such reasons as I do. I wonder if it's worth it, and if not, what am I missing.

No comments: