Sunday, November 04, 2012

Words


I have been working on a project for my eldest niece's 7th birthday, which has been lots of fun, and very fiddly, but so worth it. She had asked for a canopy, so my sis had bought one, then asked me to decorate it. The brief was pink, baby blue, not too much purple (or her other sister would claim it), but other than that I could go for my life. 




In all the shopping and brainstorming, I found these gorgeous felt hearts, so decided some words were in order. Some are some of what her name means, others are ones I would love to her to grow into, one is borrowed, but they are all words that are of value, and I ones I want to speak over her, pray for her, and help her to grow into in years to come. 

It got me thinking about words we say over people, whoever they are, both intentially and unintentionally.... we can choose life words that build up a person, and support them growing into who they are created to be, and often that needs to be an intentional choosing to choose life... I think of tims when I have tried and failed to do that effectively, and other times, when it's just plain easy to say 'you're awesome', or 'well done'.

At other times, it can be easy to miss an opportunity, or miss the value of what they might be asking, or wanting to hear from you. 

And then there are the times when there isn't intention, and a negative picture is built around the words said. The ones most genuine are the ones that should be least listened to. 

We have the power to speak life giving words over each person who crosses our path, that's a whole lot of power and a whole lot of grace we have to give!:)

No comments: