Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Our Story

Home group tonight, and this time it was my turn to share.
We're telling our story's right now, and wow, there's some good ones in our lovely group, and yes, tonight was timely and fun. It was such an encouragment to share, especially when mine is so different, and yes, while there are significant things that haven't happened, there are some awesomely amazing, beyond expectations for someone with such poor prospects coming out of high school.

Anyway, I was reminded tonight that while it's my story, it's actually God's story, and that's what makes it special- even before I had any idea, looking back His hand was clearly in situations, even the darkest most hopeless. I remember in the year after I finished school, someone randomly inviting me to explore a new opportunity, and feeling like all the lights had come on, and the answer, the absolute right answer had just presented itself right on time, was just amazing. And it was perfet and changed my life as it was forever.

I love that there's 3 country's involved, 7 significant people, countless other people and one awesome God. And always, a trip to London!:)

And it's been special too, to run into people over the last week who have been part of that story- a mum from the school I used to work at years ago- the child I used to look after is now about to finish high school, and today at a work conference sitting with someone who turned out to be one of the kids from my church years ago, and I am fairly sure I was one of her youth group leaders!

God is good!:)

No comments: