Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Stories


Someone sent me information about a new job that's just been advertised yesterday, which was nice, fun, and challenging- but also a 'stop and check' why am I doing my current one, and one of the main reasons I returned to was that I like the conversations I get to have there, but also the stories I get to tell others about the amazing people I come across each day at work. I like being an advocate, and standing in the gap for them, whether it's raising awareness of the people behind the headlines, or making sure they know what will happen to them if their spouse dies of the cancer they have just been diagnosed with.

Home group tonight was an informal event- it's been a few weeks, so was catching up... it also involved lots of challening questions. The person hosting showed a couple of film clips that's been immensley challenging for their journey thus far, which brought great discussion about your usual... healing, miracles, expectations, raising from the dead... God Goodness.

Normally in this context I have stories to share- loads of stories, and awesomely good God- glorifying ones. But they're not mine. They are friends overseas, in far off places, or people at church, or other churches closer to home. I believe them, and love to share them, but like so many good stories, they belong to someone else and someone elses experience. It was a special privelege to pray with some friends for somene last week, and to see healing come, and to be able to share that God story this evening. While it's not confirmed, the feedback was an awesome answer to prayer, so are looking forward to seeing what God does in her life, and the lives of those who were part of it and not necessarily familar, and those who have heard about it since.

It's a surprising season I'm in. God is good:)


No comments: