Sunday, October 28, 2012

Stop

So, how many people like feeling uncomfortable? Awkward? Not in a safe zone? I certainly don't, and find that most of the time I want to disappear and be as far removed from the situation as possible. There's times when I get to sit in an uncomfortable conversation, or situation, that you can't leave, but have to sit with, or sit with someone through a process, and that's ok. There's the challenge of staying connected through that, and special to see unexpected outcomes.

Going on a journey can involve being uncomfortable, and that's ok. We learn so much out of these times, about ourselves, and others as they respond. I was reminded tonight that disappearing would work well for me, or not owning up to something,and thinking about when you don't own up to things you're not proud of.... the shame takes over rather. And then it's a whole horrible cycle all over again. We're so easy to judge ourselves, and well, place infinately more 'value' on the negative rather than positives.... I think I would vastly prefer to be honest, own up to mistakes and deal with them rather than pretending they don't exhist, while all along feeling rather ashamed...

I still have an awful lot to learn.


No comments: