Sunday, October 21, 2012

Rest

Rest is such a funny thing.

Life is busy and full, and the weeks leading up to this past week particularly full, some bits away, and some bits while at home. I came home from one 'away' time and from the moment I set foot back in the door, knew it wouldn't be restful, or the rest I needed. This past week though has been rest-filled though- not less busy, and certainly not earlier nights- if anything, later.

But in all of this week, there has been rest. The peace that is good. There's been no understanding it, and who knows how long it will last (though, another week is a nice possibility:))

Rest in the Bible is something that puzzles me somewhat. In a day where it's so much more important sounding to be busy all the time, way too busy, God places such value on rest, and doing things, and working from a place of rest. It would be so lovely to live within that, and I am grateful to have a taste of something like that this week. I want more!:)


No comments: