Sunday, October 21, 2012

Vision



I stayed back for church tonight, which was way better than I was hoping or expecting, not because I didn’t think it would be good, but because I was out all day, and possibly needed home time, especially on a Sunday night, but as always, it was so worth it.

They are going through a  series of talks on  vision, which morning church has also done recently, but it was really special to do it again. Having listened to a talk on promises this morning, there was a beautiful parallel as we each took a piece of chalk outside to write a one word vision for the church that we each have. It was awesome to look around at the end and see the creativity, diversity and unity throughout each word.

We were then challenged to take that word to live it out in our home and work environments.

Mine was love, because, as I look back over this year, it’s been a theme, in the verses, challenges, words people have had for me. More striking to me, having had this developing theme, then church this morning on Promises, and then vision tonight, was the tying together and outpouring of the theme, but also the confirmations.

Love seems like such an easy thing, so common, normal and attainable, but it’s the ‘putting another first’, in a way where they get the benefit, is anything but easy, whether it’s with people who love Jesus, or don’t, such as in the case of many of the people I work with- and I am their only reference point.

So, in the vision tonight has been a confirmation of the promises spoken out, which has been pretty cool, and while I don’ t know what God has in mind, am reminded that God has a plan for me, not just us, the he is a Good God who loves us in ways I am only just getting a bit more of a glimpse of.

Once again grateful for this season.

No comments: