Thursday, October 25, 2012

Repairing the split

A few months ago a couple of random, completely non-related things happened, which got me thinking hard, and as a result I decided to take up an activity project as a commitment to stand in this season in a certain way. Sadly the project has largely fallen by the wayside, but the season has been good.

It got me thinking about why somethings happpen or don't, why I can process or take up an activity internally or not. It struck me that there is a split between the 2, that there are instances where it's a case of self preservation over vulnerability, openness, connectedness within my inner world and outer world.

There are some projects I can pick up and carry, and others I can't, but are, for example, part of caring for myself, and  to do all the other things, I know these should be a priority. There are moments when the divide meets, which is great and scary.

I guess it's seeing a divide in a new way, seeing moments when the divide has been crossed, and wanting to find ways to see it happen more... living authentically wherever I am, whoever I am with..

No comments: